Weighing in at 13lbs 01oz, this 2017 S-Works Tarmac SL6 is amazingly light and fast. It was custom built with performance in mind, and is a climbers dream.
The previous Tarmac had an exceptional palmarès—a win in every Grand Tour, plus two World Championships—so you might ask yourself, “why a new Tarmac?” Well, we’ve never been one to rest on our laurels, which is why we’re constantly hunting for even the smallest of improvements. In other words, we innovate or die. And for this exact reason, the new S-Works Tarmac breaks all the traditions of race bike design to create the fastest bike for all conditions.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you’d expect from a Tarmac. The S-Works FACT 12r frameset is our highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness.
- S-Works full FACT carbon fork with a tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- A 52/36T S-Works carbon fiber crankset delivers the ultimate in power delivery, with a chainring grouping that’s equally suited to big alpine climbs as it is to throwing down the gauntlet on the flats.
- Frame: S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130 mm rear spacing (56cm)
- Fork: S-Works FACT carbon, size specific design
- Integrated Bars & Stem: Bontrager xXx Carbon – 42cm / 4 degrees of flare / 125mm Drop
- Headset: Specialized
- Shift Levers: SRAM Red
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Red
- Front Derailleur: SRAM Red
- Crankset: THM Clavicula SE Carbon Cranks / Praxis Rings 52/36t
- Cassette: SRAM Red 11/28t
- Chain: SRAM Red
- Brakes: ee Brakes
- Wheelset: Zipp Firecrest 404 NSW
- Tires: Continental
- Saddle: Tune Carbon Saddle
- Seatpost: S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset