MICHAEL MYERS MEMORIAL TIME TRIAL
Sunday, March 19th, 2023
Start times to be posted here ahead of the TT:
MICHAEL MYERS MEMORIAL TIME TRIAL
Presented by Dialed Cycling Team
Date – Sunday, March 19, 2023 (first racer goes off at 9am)
Venue Location – Vancouver Lake Park, 6801 NW Lower River Rd, Vancouver, WA 98660
Online Registration – OBRA SCHEDULE
RECENT INFORMATION AND UPDATES:
- Online registration IS OPEN through midday Friday, March 17th. – Registration Link on the OBRA Schedule: OBRA SCHEDULE
- Day-of registration is available for an extra $5 on the day of the TT (Sunday morning).
- The start is an approximate 5 min ride from the park, so please keep this in mind when timing your warmup routine.
- You will need to factor in time to pick up your timing chip and fix it to your bike, and if you’re not pre-registered, time to take care of that.
- Pre-registered racers will not have to sign a waiver on the day – just pick up your timing chip and go.
- You must have a current OBRA membership to race. Single day memberships will be available along with one-time use paper numbers for a fee of $5.
- We will be using OBRA cloth numbers.
- Start times will be posted to this page no later than 6:00 pm on Saturday, March 18th.
PRIZES & RAFFLE
Presented by Dialed Cycling
By using chip timing, we will have instant results that will allow us to have podiums immediately after the race. This will include prizes from our sponsors and supporters!
Every race entry will get you one raffle ticket to win some awesome prizes from our sponsors, which include Wahoo, Skratch, Pirelli, Kask, and Fizik. If you finish in the top 3 of your category, you will receive an additional raffle ticket. If you’d like to buy more raffle tickets, they will be available for purchase at the registration table. Please note that you must be present to claim your prize!
20k (12.42 mile) bicycle time trial race with 84 feet of elevation gain. The race will be an out and back on NW Lower River Rd. The turnaround will be at the new gate at the north end. The start house will be north of the park entrance on NW Erwin O. Reiger Memorial Hwy (1.5 miles from the park entrance). Be sure to allow enough time to get up the road. The finish line will be on Lower River Road before the park entrance. This road has low traffic with typical local drivers. Please stay to the right side of the road unless passing.
7:30 am—Registration opens for temporary numbers, memberships, and “day-of” registration.
9:00 am—First rider departs the start house at the north end of NW Erwin O. Reiger Memorial Hwy.
All pre-registered racers will have a start time grouped with their race or age category. Special requests may be accommodated. Gaps in posted start times are for logistical requirements. Start times will be posted the day before the race on this webpage, but will be subject to change.
This will be a chip timed event! We have partnered with e8 Timing to get you fast and accurate results. Make sure you arrive to the event early to get your chip, and please return the chip as soon as your race is over. A live results kiosk will be located in the registration area, and you can have results sent to your phone if you register your number before the race. Be sure to stick around for a podium ceremony and prizes.
- Hand Bike
- Juniors: (9-13), (14-17)
- Women’s Category: (1/2), (3), (4/5)
- Men’s Category: (1/2), (3), (4/5)
- Masters Women: (40+), (50+), (60+), (70+)
- Masters Men: (40+), (50+), (60+), (70+)
- Eddy ROAD BIKE Women Open
- Eddy ROAD BIKE Men Open
- Eddy ROAD BIKE Masters Women 40+
- Eddy ROAD BIKE Masters Men 40+
Categories may be combined until groups of five or more riders can be scored. Juniors start youngest to oldest.
EDDY ROAD BIKE CATEGORY SPECIFIC RULES
Riders in this class will compete without: aero bar extensions, disc wheels, fairings, aero helmets (any helmet specifically built as an aero helmet and any helmet that has been modified to approximate a helmet specifically built as a TT helmet is not allowed), skinsuits, or wheels with rims greater than 55mm in depth. Bicycles which may have aerodynamic shapes but are designated to be sold as road bicycles (and are not user modified time trial bicycles) ARE allowed. Road bike drop bars with an aerodynamic shape – “aero bars” – are also allowed.
- Time Trial race rules in effect. Standard bicycle racing rules apply. Approved helmets required at all times (including riding to and from registration, during warm-up, cool down, in your jeans, shorts, slippers) while at the venue. Failure to comply could result in disqualification. The course is closed for warm-up at all times.
- No alcohol allowed at the venue.
- Please do not park in any business parking lots, unless designated so.
- Please do not park on the course or other traffic right-of-ways.
- Please use the provided Port-a-Potties, not the bushes.
- Adults: $35*
- Juniors: $15*
- Add a second category for $10*
- “Day of” Registration is available for an additional $5 (Cash or Venmo accepted)
(*Plus applicable processing fees)
We will be using OBRA cloth numbers. Race numbers go on the RIGHT side.
There is a $3 per vehicle parking fee at the park. The fee is the responsibility of each vehicle. All spectators and other vehicles will also be charged at the entry gate.
MEMBERSHIPS & LICENSES
An OBRA membership is required for all riders. Single day race memberships are available for $5.00. Annual OBRA memberships are available for $40.00 online, mail in, or in person at the race.
OBRA and the organizers of this race do not provide insurance coverage for injuries that occur at the race. The costs related to those injuries are the responsibility of the individual participants. Helmets must be worn at all times while on a bike. Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason.
Questions? Contact Us: